A place to rave, a place to rant, to commend and recommend, mostly a place to vent...

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Postscript: The bigger they come, the harder they fall!!!

There is a God afterall. It's a knockout in round one. El Rufai 10, Senators 0. I cannot find words to describe how confident and eloquent El Rufai was in shooting down every accusation. He was precise, concise and factual. He had documents to back up his every decision as Minister and being a lawyer, he made sure his every move was legal. Even the senators were mesmerised. El Rufai took control of 'their' senate right under their noses while they sat slackjawed! I bow in submission and cannot even organise my thoughts enough to write. Luckily, the Thursday Retort column at the back page of Thisday Newspaper (1/5/08) did a most honest and brilliant job, expressing my sentiments exactly. How I wish I could have plagiarised and passed off the article as my own LOL. The panel could not exhaust everything yesterday and requested that El Rufai reappear next week. He so humbly asked them to reconvene tomorrow, Friday, because of his Law Exams in the UK next week. They refused and insisted he reappears next Wednesday. How petty! Anyway, people say that they want the time to regroup and decide what next, since they were obviously showed up in this round. Hausa people say that 'if you are digging a grave to trap someone, make sure you dig deep enough for two. You might just end up inside'. In this instance, the intended victim seems to jump over the grave while the diggers are about to fall in.

20 comments:

In My Own Words said...

Your profile is intimidating, your blog is cool. I truly admire your spirit. Going back to read more posts now.

Ha! Forgot what I came to say...thanks for stopping by my blog.

Flourishing Florida said...

i love dat proverb. indeed. am pretty happy abt El- Rufai's defence. cos if u ask me, wot d senate is doing is 'white-washing' if they were guilt-less of d same crime they r accusing everyone, i'd understand their supersiliciousness. I wish El- Rufai would be found 2 b blameless, not 4 his person (i don't know him), but 4 d image of Nigeria. @ least, there should b someone dat isn't full of corrupt practices

Flourishing Florida said...

superciliousness, forgive me. dis english thing tire me sef

ijebuman said...

been lurking for awhile, great blog

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Indeed, there is a God afterall.

For the love of me said...

very nice proverb. The good will always be vindicated really. At least I hope so.
Meanwhile, please whats ur email address, I am doing my dissertation and blogging and need to send you and email.Thanx.

bumight said...

I need to go read about this in one of the dailies , before I get too excited!

ibiluv said...

nice one-good for him

LG said...

lol@...if you are digging a grave to trap someone, make sure you dig deep enough for two.
i dont follow naija politricks again e dey tire me, anyway goodluck to el-rufai(but does it mean he ll miss his exams *sighs*)

Afrobabe said...

wow..I love it when we have intelligent well spoken leaders..

That was the one thing I really really loved about the late chuba Okadigbo...

Jinta said...

el rufai reminds me so much of ribadu. though i am somewhat skeptical at the manner in which properties in fct were assigned (including to el rufai and his kin), he is still a saint judging by nigerian standards

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

You've been tagged! See my page for details...

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

hey thot u hd retired from bloggin.welcome ba.great post.hmm an elrufai fan

Aphrodite said...

I read somewhere (or did i hear) that El rufai reallocated the lands to his friends and relatives.
Anyhow, na them sabi.

NikkiSab said...

Is dere any real good office holder in 9ja? God help us. Hajiya yaya? lol i got it right?

Joy Akut said...

i love the way you ended this. but are we saying el'rufai is completely innocent? i mean, what about the stories of allocations to self?

that said and all, i respect the little man alot.

Simi Speaks said...

Heya!! just tagged ya! :-)

How have u been?

'Yar Mama said...

I have always maintained that El Rufai is not 'lily white' and have done some things that make you go 'hmmm?'.But like I said, in a nation that is sorely lacking in competent public officials, we can cut him some slack because his good outweighs his bad. BTW the last time I checked, as long as you are a Nigerian, you can apply and be allocated land in ABJ regardless of what your relationship is to the person doing the allocation but of course etthically and morally, it might be skating on a thin line by someone who professes to be totally above board. I get that but I still say that in a nation of the blind, the one-eyed man is king(even if the one eye is partially covered by cataracts and 'apollo'). I was also pointing out that those who were sitting on the panel were not unbiased because nearly all El Rufais 'sins' had touched them in one way or the other.

rethots said...

....there's something captivating about your writing (style, i daresay).....can't pin-point it yet, but then, it makes one want to read more.

To the post, it only says one thing....no matter how much one is hated (oops, that's harsh; disliked seems milder), one's intelligence (& brilliance) cannot be taken (or willed) away.

Let's doff our hats to El-Rufai, he is a brilliant man. Nigeria needs more of such men.
Oops, let me re-phrase that.
Let us all re-channel our brilliance towards acheiving the Nigeria of our dream.

tobenna said...

I heard about this.
Brilliant guy. They just need to find him some portfolio to handle. He'd do a fantastic job.