A place to rave, a place to rant, to commend and recommend, mostly a place to vent...

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dear John,

Mr John E. Blogger
123 Ships in the Night Way
Via Information Highway
World Wide Web

Dear John,

This is the hardest letter I have ever written. You might have noticed how distant I have become over the past few months. The old cliche goes, it's not you, it's me. This time, it really is true; it's me!!! If you recall, we met about a year ago. I was swept off my feet by your 'urbanness' and your access to all the sophisticated people I never could have made acquaintance with if not through you. You dazzled me with your brilliance, your friends were spread far and wide while mine were limited to the neighbourhood I grew up in. Yours were so knowledgeable about the goings-on in the world, mine were obsessed by the goings-on in the Kano Movie industry. Your friends accepted me without question and opened my horizons far beyond what I thought was possible. They taught me that it was okay to feel the way I did, to question long-held beliefs and to start to think for myself. I fell in love..hard...with a passion I thought I was incapable off. We could not keep our hands off each other, my hunger for you was insatiable and needed to be sated several times a day. We travelled all over the world and you showed me people, cultures and traditions that were so strange to me. By and by, like a baby bird testing its wings, I started to venture out on my own. At first I was scared, my flying was unsteady and I crashed a few times but soon I found my courage. I was no longer scared. I could soar on my own and could now voice my opinions, loud and clear. I made my own friends... and therein lies my dilemma. In my search to expand my horizons, I let down my guard. What started as an innocent flirtation, soon became a raging inferno. It was like I had been starved for so long. The thirst I felt was unquenchable. Like a moth to a flame, I had no control as I was dragged towards something I had no control over. I was seduced by a new lover...I am sorry but if I am going to tell, I am going to tell it all (...credit to Usher). He is much younger than both you and me. He makes me feel like no-one ever has. I am my TRUE self with him and can finally take off my mask. Through him, I have reacquainted with people I have met and lost over the different stages of my life. Everyday is a new discovery. People from my inglorious past are contacting me. It is always a pleasant surprise and no two days are the same. He is now my new obsession. Don't get me wrong, I still love you but I love him too but in different ways. While yours is a mature love, his is frantic and rushed and I like both. I am torn between the two of you. I can't get enough of him but I can't let you go. I guess what I am asking is 'are you willing to share'? That way, I will have no guilt and no reason to sneak if everything is out in the open. You have nothing to lose because I was always aware that I was not your only 'paramour' and I never complained. Please think long and hard and don't make any rash decisions. I really do love you and will forever be indebted to you for starting me on this journey but the pull of Facebook is just too strong. Can we all just get along?

44 comments:

NoLimit said...

Sure we can!!!
Happy new year!!!I have missed your blog badly!

Toksboy said...

Happy New Year. Oh you are back and there was me whimpering for your return like a little boy on my blog. Welcome back. As re facebook I am also on there now. Just look up Toksboy. Hope to "see" you there.

Jen Juma said...

Facebook was in love with me long before blogspot so i'm sure y'all can get along.

Barka da sabon shekara....I've missed your posts. Its good to have an Yar Arewa role model...hehe

Talatu-Carmen said...

lol... kai. This Facebook, sef... He seduced me away from blogger too... But happily the internet allows women to be polygamous...

Parakeet said...

Hahahaha...this is good. You really had me there but trust me the facebook novelty will wear out.

Happy new year darling and thanks for the comment on my blog.

Kafo said...

mercy

can he share
na wa ooo

i'm waiting to see his reply

happy new year ooooooo

zara (my alter ego) said...

at first i thot it was a proper 'dera john letter' and i was like noooo.. but the lure is just facebook??! pls carry on... after all sharing is caring!.. happy new year!

AustynZOGS said...

You can conveniently marry Facebook and Blogging.
Happy New year and much thanks for passing by my site.Looking forward to a more interestin 09 on blogsville

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Happy new year, my sista! Thanks so much for the kind message you left me at Nigerian Curiosity.

Stay blessed!

Rebirth said...

hmmm......... facebook! u had me going for a while....... first time here and i like ur blog

Waffarian said...

Happy New Year!

Damn that facebook!

Zena said...

lol,

With Facebook, the excitement can fade, but I think you can only co-exist happily

We've missed you

Happy New-Year

? said...

Talatu Carmen's comment struck me. I think the internet actually allows the men to be monogamous.

Dan Asabe said...

Na gode da ziyara.Allah ya bamu ci gaba a wannan shekaran.

Unknown said...

welcome back...happy new year to u too! think a good number of us have played disappearing acts on John at some point or the other...

The Activist said...

Good to have you back. Shd I reply on Mr. John's behalf?

I need to have a discussion with you. Ps send me an email on tadonline@gmail.com

princesa said...

LOL!!!
i didnt anticipate that ending.
Another soul lost to facebook:)

happy new year babes.

Ms Sula said...

That was brilliant! As you alone Yar Mama are capable of.

I have fallen for the pull of Facebook too, albeit it has started to fade.

:D

Happy New year (and new love with Facebook!) 8)

doll (retired blogger) said...

so facebook is taking the place of blogger...
i would like to express my jealousy and displeaure on this new development on behalf of blogger

ijebuman said...

Happy new year to you too, thanks for dropping by my blog, I know I haven't blogged for a while but I will be back ; - )

Joy Akut said...

lol' many of us are two timing is such a task...but we're all pros at it, i'm sure you'll soon get a hang of it.
share your time equally between the two lovers,cos really you cant be asked to choose between the too, it'd be inhumane.

happy newyear!!!

Afronuts said...

Happy Nu Year! Thanks for the comment. I never knew my photoblog had admirers.

Wow...you're in love with two men and you dont know what to do(credit to Tony Tetuila).

But...did u say one was on facebook?
what is that site doing to people??

bumight said...

lol, towards the end, I knew it was facebook.

trust me, facebook is a crush. The novelty will soon wear off.
If John is your real true love, he'll understand, and share for a while. LOL!

Happy New year!

Tolulope Popoola said...

Happy new year! Brilliant post, you had me laughing at the end. Don't worry we have all fallen prey to the lure of facebook vs blogger. You'll find a way to handle both and no one will be jealous!

Look forward to reading more posts from you!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Haha, trust me: Mr.Facebook gets old really quick! Untill your love affair with him ends though, I guess we will be willing to share! Your posts, afterall, are always a breath of fresh air!!

Smaragd said...

lol, i so knew it was fb as sn as u got to the Usher part, dont ask me how, i just knew.

u are a late bloomer indeed my cyberfriend, cuz it's usually fb b4 blogger and not vice-versa.

who's to say u cant have fun with both of 'em? as long as there is no sex involved!lol

i must warn u tho, that both of them are highly addictive, u must therefore be disciplined.

thanx for ur kind words on my blog at the beginning of the year, i found that incredibly sweet.

Afolabi said...

lol..As I read along, I knew there was going to be a surprise ending. Tried to guess, but never came up with facebook. Nice one.

N.I.M.M.O said...

If its Facebook, you will soon get tired of it.

I think Blogger is where its at.

Happy New Year.

m1ke said...

Facebook leads to misled affections. I wish i was in John's shoes so that i could reply. Nice one ma!!

Flourishing Florida said...

lol. i've never got myself addicted to facebook,so i can't relate. but i fbis fun,& a great amebo channel

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Hello Mama, where are you o?!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

LOL!

iF THERE WAS EVER A TIME THAT i WOULD ENCOURAGE POLYGAMY, IT WOULD BE NOW.

sorry for the caps!

said...

Omo Oba, ki lo de? Na waaaaa ohhh.

* * *
Mii komment has bin safed, hand will be fiisible after di owner appruvaal.

LG said...

dearie' where r u???
pls update

tobenna said...

Inconsistent you....
This is a brilliant post.
Facebook has carried you away eh?

Remember your first love oh.
And come back once in a while

Anonymous said...

I'm new to blogging, but I've had a facebook account for a while. Found it very addictive at first but thanks to will power was able to keep away and now only check it once in a while.
Love your blog, do keep writing. ;-)

KemiMamaLopes said...

Break over else I will hack into your facebook account :)

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Just checking in. Hope all is well.

Toksboy said...

Still not tempted to return ehn. Na wa o. Not even a scrap every once in a while? And if you are posting on FB how do we find you?

doll (retired blogger) said...

guess facebok won hands down since you havent blogged in 12 months..

Chris Ogunlowo said...

knock knock

Unknown said...

LOL. But you know what i prefer blogging over Facebook. Facebook is just full of egoistic people.


Men's Perfume

mike said...

amapiano 2020
download moonchild sanelly latest amapiano song




lil wayne funeral zip

lil baby sum to prove mp3 download

Taletela said...

mp3 download nigeria

Nigeria music